Saturday, November 8, 2014

demo and tandem painting


Every time I teach a class I bring a demo panel with me.  On it I can demonstrate each of the materials and techniques that we talk about in the class.  I never have a plan about what my subject matter is, I just start loading the panel with marks and colors.  Here is one panel (16x16) in three stages from  the beginning weeks of my mixed media workshop:

 ink, spray, gouache, stencil, soft pastel, charcoal

 all of the above + acrylic, flexible modeling paste, collaged printed imagery, scraping, heavy gloss medium

all of the above + cheesecloth and fabric, water soluble colored pencils, oil stick, oil pastel


Then a surprise hour long session of co-painting with one of the participants!  Here are details of the two pieces:


No comments:

Post a Comment